Hoş Geldin!

By registering, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community. The forum currently requires a brand new account be created, separate from your Dizilah.com one. Please note: we will only accept 200 new registration every month.

SignUp Now!

11 Love Lessons from DUZILIAH

Reaction score
Turkish dramas are my big guilty pleasure. Yes, the acting is melodramatic and the storylines are sometimes so over the top they make the plot twists on but still, there’s a lot you can learn from these daytime dramas. Whether it’s Black and White Love, Kara Sevda, or Dip, I find them absolutely addictive because they reflect (and magnify) our own real-life relationship dramas so perfectly.

What has the Turkish series have taught me? Well, there are several secrets to relationship happiness. Check them out…

Don’t Keep Secrets

It’s never a good idea to withhold information from your loved ones, even with the purest of motives. As we see in soaps, people often think they’re doing someone else a favour by going it alone or protecting them from unpleasant truths, but it always blows up in their faces. In real life, secrets isolate us, make us miserable, and sometimes ruin relationships completely. Besides, isn’t it more respectful to allow your loved one to decide what to do with the facts, rather than taking away their power?

It’s OK to Take a Chance on Love

One trait Turkish soap characters have that I really admire is an almost infinite capacity to fall in love and to risk everything to keep that love. It may seem reckless, but what’s really nice about this attitude is the emphasis on feeling something as you go through life, not simply plodding along. After all, love is the foundation of all human kindness, perhaps the greatest purpose of our lives. Why not live passionately when there’s so much happiness potentially waiting in the wings?

Don’t Make the Same Mistake Twice (or Ten Times)

Ever notice how soap characters continually get stuck in the same rut? It’s so frustrating, I sometimes want to yell at the screen, “Wait! Don’t you remember the last time you walked down the aisle with that creep?” (Yes, I’m talking to you, Ferhat Aslan) from Siyah Beyaz Aşk. Their oblivious behaviour reminds me to question the daily decisions I make in my own life and make sure I’m learning from past experiences. Thank goodness in the real world we have the option to change our behaviour by adapting and growing after making mistakes—it makes successful relationships that much easier.

Let Calmer Heads Prevail

So much misery could be avoided on soaps if only they stopped themselves for a moment, took a breath, and counted to ten before taking action, good or bad. Likewise, when someone in our own lives sets us off, it can be tempting to blow up and behave rashly—whether it’s declaring undying love or throwing down the gauntlet with an enemy. Yet if we just press the “pause” button on our emotions, taking time to mull over our choices, many crises can be defused.

Wear Elegant Clothing—to Everything

This may sound like a joke, but there’s seriously something to be said for dressing for the occasion. One of the reasons I keep tuning in to my soap is for the lovely little outfits my favourite gal characters get to wear as they sashay their way through their dramatic and colourful lives. And you know what? We don’t have to be brimming with intrigues and scandals to enjoy a little bit of that flair in our own lives. An elegant scarf or a classy pair of earrings; a new pair of heels or a sassy little dress…and voila! we’ve got our own daytime drama going on.

In the end, I'm so grateful for Turkish soaps because for one thing for sure it has helped me with my mental health and more! What has your favourite Diziliah taught you?

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with 'don't keep secrets'! the most important thing in a relationship whether a romantic or not, is communication.

Reaction score
Turkish dramas are my big guilty pleasure. Yes, the acting is melodramatic and the storylines are sometimes so over the top they make the plot twists on but still, there’s a lot you can learn from these daytime dramas. Whether it’s Black and White Love, Kara Sevda, or Dip, I find them absolutely addictive because they reflect (and magnify) our own real-life relationship dramas so perfectly.

What has the Turkish series have taught me? Well, there are several secrets to relationship happiness. Check them out…

Don’t Keep Secrets

It’s never a good idea to withhold information from your loved ones, even with the purest of motives. As we see in soaps, people often think they’re doing someone else a favour by going it alone or protecting them from unpleasant truths, but it always blows up in their faces. In real life, secrets isolate us, make us miserable, and sometimes ruin relationships completely. Besides, isn’t it more respectful to allow your loved one to decide what to do with the facts, rather than taking away their power?

It’s OK to Take a Chance on Love

One trait Turkish soap characters have that I really admire is an almost infinite capacity to fall in love and to risk everything to keep that love. It may seem reckless, but what’s really nice about this attitude is the emphasis on feeling something as you go through life, not simply plodding along. After all, love is the foundation of all human kindness, perhaps the greatest purpose of our lives. Why not live passionately when there’s so much happiness potentially waiting in the wings?

Don’t Make the Same Mistake Twice (or Ten Times)

Ever notice how soap characters continually get stuck in the same rut? It’s so frustrating, I sometimes want to yell at the screen, “Wait! Don’t you remember the last time you walked down the aisle with that creep?” (Yes, I’m talking to you, Ferhat Aslan) from Siyah Beyaz Aşk. Their oblivious behaviour reminds me to question the daily decisions I make in my own life and make sure I’m learning from past experiences. Thank goodness in the real world we have the option to change our behaviour by adapting and growing after making mistakes—it makes successful relationships that much easier.

Let Calmer Heads Prevail

So much misery could be avoided on soaps if only they stopped themselves for a moment, took a breath, and counted to ten before taking action, good or bad. Likewise, when someone in our own lives sets us off, it can be tempting to blow up and behave rashly—whether it’s declaring undying love or throwing down the gauntlet with an enemy. Yet if we just press the “pause” button on our emotions, taking time to mull over our choices, many crises can be defused.

Wear Elegant Clothing—to Everything

This may sound like a joke, but there’s seriously something to be said for dressing for the occasion. One of the reasons I keep tuning in to my soap is for the lovely little outfits my favourite gal characters get to wear as they sashay their way through their dramatic and colourful lives. And you know what? We don’t have to be brimming with intrigues and scandals to enjoy a little bit of that flair in our own lives. An elegant scarf or a classy pair of earrings; a new pair of heels or a sassy little dress…and voila! we’ve got our own daytime drama going on.

In the end, I'm so grateful for Turkish soaps because for one thing for sure it has helped me with my mental health and more! What has your favourite Diziliah taught you?
This is so true!

Latest posts

Recent Threads