Hoş Geldin!

By registering, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community. The forum currently requires a brand new account be created, separate from your Dizilah.com one. Please note: we will only accept 200 new registration every month.

SignUp Now!

Cliche's We Can't Get Enough Of

Reaction score
Due to the pandemic I've watched more dizis than is healthy to admit. There are some cliches that appear over and over again, and for the most part, I'm here for them. Here is an incomplete list of what I've noticed, PLEASE add some of your own and which dizis they are from.
-Poor Girl/Rich Guy (Gunesi Beklerkin, Karagul, Sol Yanim, Beni Boyle Sev, Kardeslerim, Sen Cal Kapimi, and on and on and on...)
-Reaching for something then gazing in each other's eyes for an uncomfortable amount of time... (all of them)
-Girls who apparently can't buckle their own seat belts or motorcycle helmets or put on their own necklaces? (Fazilet Hanim ve Kizlari, Gunesin Kizlari, Istanbullu Gelin, Zalim Istanbul, Hayat Bazen Tatlidir, Yemen, Seviyor Sevmiyor, etc etc)
-Tea or coffee that is made but never drunk (all of them)
-Obsessive x girlfriends or long time friends who want to be girlfriends (Afili Ask, Fazilet Hanim ve Kizlari, Sol Yanim, Yemin, Beni Boyle Sev, Gunesi Beklerkin, Hayat Bazen Tatlidir, Cennet, Kardeslerim, Calikusu, etc)
-Framing poor people for stealing (Kardeslerim, Sol Yanim,)
-Kidnappings... So. Many. Kidnappings...

Reaction score
Due to the pandemic I've watched more dizis than is healthy to admit. There are some cliches that appear over and over again, and for the most part, I'm here for them. Here is an incomplete list of what I've noticed, PLEASE add some of your own and which dizis they are from.
-Poor Girl/Rich Guy (Gunesi Beklerkin, Karagul, Sol Yanim, Beni Boyle Sev, Kardeslerim, Sen Cal Kapimi, and on and on and on...)
-Reaching for something then gazing in each other's eyes for an uncomfortable amount of time... (all of them)
-Girls who apparently can't buckle their own seat belts or motorcycle helmets or put on their own necklaces? (Fazilet Hanim ve Kizlari, Gunesin Kizlari, Istanbullu Gelin, Zalim Istanbul, Hayat Bazen Tatlidir, Yemen, Seviyor Sevmiyor, etc etc)
-Tea or coffee that is made but never drunk (all of them)
-Obsessive x girlfriends or long time friends who want to be girlfriends (Afili Ask, Fazilet Hanim ve Kizlari, Sol Yanim, Yemin, Beni Boyle Sev, Gunesi Beklerkin, Hayat Bazen Tatlidir, Cennet, Kardeslerim, Calikusu, etc)
-Framing poor people for stealing (Kardeslerim, Sol Yanim,)
-Kidnappings... So. Many. Kidnappings...
-Mom's who are actively trying to get their sons to marry/date a specific person. (Afili Ask, Sen Cal Kapimi, Beni Boyle Sev, Yemin, Istanbullu Gelin, etc etc etc)
-Being forced to share a bed
-Fake dating/fake marriages
-SO MUCH FAINTING

Reaction score
-Not being able to walk in heels, tripping/stumbling for no reason.
-Claustrophobia, particularly in elevators.

Staff member
Reaction score
SECRETS that everyone knows except for the person who the secret is about.

Unknown adoptions.

Reaction score
SECRETS that everyone knows except for the person who the secret is about.

Unknown adoptions.
I LOVE IT!!! I'm re-watching Fazilet Hanim ve Kizlari as we speak and this storyline is right up cliche alley! 1621000987638.png

Reaction score
-The male lead has to save the female lead from an accident (falling on a pit, drowning, falling in general, etc).
I hate a little this kind of detail because apparently, in my view, usually the man saves the woman and it bothers me from a feminist point of view BUT it's not strong to make me abandon the show.

Reaction score
-The male lead has to save the female lead from an accident (falling on a pit, drowning, falling in general, etc).
I hate a little this kind of detail because apparently, in my view, usually the man saves the woman and it bothers me from a feminist point of view BUT it's not strong to make me abandon the show.
SAME!!! I also dislike when women apparently can't buckle their own seat belts, put on motorcycle helmets, or a necklace without assistance. I know it's meant to be cute and endearing but the whole time I am rolling my eyes thinking "Women!!! Get it together!!!" but as you said, I've not abandoned a show because of it, I just find it annoying.

Reaction score
SAME!!! I also dislike when women apparently can't buckle their own seat belts, put on motorcycle helmets, or a necklace without assistance. I know it's meant to be cute and endearing but the whole time I am rolling my eyes thinking "Women!!! Get it together!!!" but as you said, I've not abandoned a show because of it, I just find it annoying.
YEAH! Like, I've did this at some point of my life, but I didn't need a MAN to do this for me. I think this comment turned out "Cliche's We've Had Enough Of"? so i'm gonna stop right here🤦‍♀️:giggle:

Reaction score
Headbutting. I did not know that people actually did this until watching Turkish dizis!
Faceslapping.

Recent Threads