Hoş Geldin!

By registering, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community. The forum currently requires a brand new account be created, separate from your Dizilah.com one. Please note: we will only accept 200 new registration every month.

SignUp Now!

Paper Lives | Netflix (March 12)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Starring Cagatay Ulusoy, together with Emir Ali Dogrul, the film is directed by the talented Can Ulkay and produced by OGM Pictures. The script is brought to life by Ercan Mehmet Erdem. An impoverished, old neighbourhood in Istanbul, brutally shaped by emigration… Mehmet is a cherished fellow who runs the solid waste warehouse in the neighbourhood; he helps everyone in need - especially homeless children and teenagers since he was one too. Mehmet's biggest supporter is Tahsin who has been helping him and those in need for a very long time. One day Mehmet meets an 8 year-old boy who suddenly appears in his best mate Gonzales' waste sack. Mehmet suddenly has the urge to reunite the boy with his parents however he doesn't realize he becomes attached to this 8 year old child.

Reaction score
I just saw the trailer and waiting for a quiet time to watch this defo on my Netflix list! Cagatay has been very busy recently working on so many projects and probably more to come.

Reaction score
"I have an objection to my cruel destiny"*

The movie delivers on its promises. it's nothing more or less than what it says it is so I felt satisfied by what I got (I can even say it was better than what I expected). the story gives you a glimpse of what it's like to be a street kid and the dreams that may never come true. but if I wanna give anyone a specific reason to watch this movie is Cagatay Ulusoy's topnotch performance. his performance as Mehmet is so natural that you feel like Mehmet is a real person. you see nothing of handsome cagatay ulusoy. he shows Mehmet's happiness, sadness, illness, rage, trauma perfectly well. his body language is amazing. (I hope his performance gets recognized at awards season.) the rest of the cast plays their parts well too. The cinematography is really good. the colouring is good. music could be better, but it still works. overall I suggest everyone watch it. sometimes you need to take the sadness, to see others' misery to think about the gifts you have in life and taking care of them and helping others in misery to maybe get a glimpse of happiness too.

*part of the song, "Itirazim Var by Müslüm Gürses", played in the movie which literally sums up the story of Mehmet and other street kids.

Reaction score
The phrase never judge a book by its cover is an understatement for this film.
If you have any spare time get a snack be comfy and get tissues next to you! I don't want to get any spoilers since it is very new but Turkey really knows how to make emotional films.

Reaction score
Ok I watched this and I cried a lot. It is so good and Cagatay played his character so well. So many emotions and it is definitely one of my favorite movies now 😞😞😞💕

Latest posts

Recent Threads