Hoş Geldin!

By registering, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community. The forum currently requires a brand new account be created, separate from your Dizilah.com one. Please note: we will only accept 200 new registration every month.

SignUp Now!

Pointless scenes & character's habits

Mag

Reaction score
As we know, one bolum lasts from 2 to 2.5 hours, so filling the script with action and an interesting conversation must be hard for the writers 😜 so we have many nonsense conversations or repeated in slow-motion scenes. The amount of greetings characters say in one scene is ridiculous. We could play a drinking game while watching dizi and drink whenever someone says afiyet olsun or hoşgeldin 🤪 There is a scene in Dolunay when Nazli and Ferit talking to the babysitter and they repeated iyi akşamlar 5 times in 9 sec. I'm not even kidding, I counted.
Another funny thing for me is showing the long scenes of taking the shoes off in the house. I know it's a big deal in Turkey but why do they show us a 2 min scene when it can be done faster.

I've also noticed (not in a bad way) that the writer or actor sometimes gives a character some kind of manierism. In season 3 of Yasak Elma, every time they had a scene in the office someone would open a window. Or Can Yaman has a habit of pinching his female partner's nose or cheek. ☺️

Have you noticed anything similar in your fav dizi or character?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The most pointless scene is that özge is daughter of ferhat in Siyah beyaz aşk this addition has not important in my opinion

Reaction score
kind of pointless for me is this long process of pouring tee to the glass:
1. puting glass on a table
2. taking two-parts teapot
3. pouring tea from upper part
4. pouring water from another part
5. adding sugar
6. mixing
7. drinking a little
8a. saying sth like "i need to go" and leaving unfinished glass
8b. saying "the tea is cold, make me fresh"
(my heart hurts when i see those full glasses left and noone drinks from them)
and all the process was made in vain, but took priceless screentime
don't feel offended @/turkish dizi writers i love turkish tee, but showing its long process in every ep is really exhausting

Reaction score
in Yasak Elma they always say ,,do you want coffee or tea?” and everyone says yeah, and when the tea/coffee is ready they take a small sip and then they leave.

Staff member
Reaction score
In Ariza, one of the characters, the Ihtiyar/Berguzar, would tap her fingers on the palm of her hand like she was typing or counting. They never explained why - but I personally found it annoying. Just saying.

Reaction score
I don't know if it is pointless, but in SO MANY dizi's they'll have a rich guy leaning against fancy car parked by the poor girl's house. Seriously, this happens in ALL THE DIZIS.

Latest posts

Recent Threads