Hoş Geldin!

By registering, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community. The forum currently requires a brand new account be created, separate from your Dizilah.com one. Please note: we will only accept 200 new registration every month.

SignUp Now!

Turkish Shows That Had More Episodes Than They Should Have Had?

Reaction score
Erkenci Kus, in my opinion, can be summarized all in all in 15-20 episodes max (Honestly talking about every summer dizi nowadays). The writer for this show is the same as the one in SCK (Ayşe Üner Kutlu). This writer really loves to stress all the comedy and the funny romance in the first 12-15 episodes and then decide to cause a break up between the main couple and introduces endless love triangles inside the dizi with pointless scenario stretches. Most of her dizis are based on company based environments and the economical issues the company is facing and how the main male character will tend to solve them along with the help of the female main character. For example, Erkenci Kus's main couple was "Can" and "Sanem" but this writer unbelievably tried to introduce every other female character to love "Can". Firstly the love that was showed from one side by "Deren" for almost 3/4th of the dizi with no scenario progress. Then when his ex-girlfriend "Polen" kept nagging for him to accept her the way she is (As her working environment forces her to travel abroad away from her bf for a long time) but at the end left for London and came back in the early 30s episodes to try AGAIN to win "Can" on her side along with the help of his evil mom. Not to mention the nonsense that was taking place when "Ceyda", the owner of another fashion company started to fall in love with "Can" while he's not giving her any sign of mutualities involving the emotions she tried to show him. This hassle continued for a total of another 7 episodes with yet no relevance. To add on, the climax that took place between "Can" and "Sanem" when "Can" realised that "Sanem" has sold her unique perfume for "Fabri" to get "Can" out of the prison but the writer showed "Can"'s reaction in such a very harsh way with his reaction to the situation. He was very mad about "Sanem" and decided to break up once again just because she tried to help him (It's not very realistic a true couple would have such a serious fight about.... a PERFUME.. I mean seriously the writer could have introduced a more convincing excuse for breaking up than this one). Last but not least, "Cey Cey"'s focus on the screen for no reason and sometimes his comedy at some points would be too exaggerated about and wouldn't be funny (or at least I used to skip his scenes at some point). All in all, "Can" and "Sanem" could have married way earlier before this non-relevant twist of events. All in all, I give this show a 6 or a max 7 due to its lack of content in most episodes after the first 20 episodes (It was very tiring to me to bare up and binge-watch the whole episode each week). A very overrated dizi in my opinion in terms of its scenario but I always adore the iconic love between "Can" and "Sanem" and they will forever be one of my fav couples 💘💘

Last edited:
Reaction score
In my opinion, Cennet'in gözyaşları was too long for me. The story was good and the first episodes make you get into it. But there's a point when everything is so unrealistic, I mean the characters stressed me out. The dizi becomed a circle of events summarised in now I love you, now I don't, i want you close to me, better go far away for me, I'm going to tell the truth, oh no better I don't want the truth to came out. It was so frustrating, for me the story can be tell in 10-15 episodes.

Mag

Reaction score
For me Sen Cal Kapimi and Erkenci Kus. As I wrote in other post, SCK would be good as a movie or mini series. The writer keep dragging the plot and repeating ideas from EK.
EK should end on ep 47, the story after Can's accident and memory loss was pointless.
Ayse Uner Kutlu has a good concepts for rom-coms but no plan on how to keep the story interesting.

Reaction score
Now I have such feeling (too many eps) for Hercai. It was amazing at the beginning, second season was not bad, but the further we go, the level goes down imho. Too many unnecessary mixing, "dead-alive" characters, draamaaa. It should have ended by the second season. It would be better in my opinion.

Reaction score
Now I have such feeling (too many eps) for Hercai. It was amazing at the beginning, second season was not bad, but the further we go, the level goes down imho. Too many unnecessary mixing, "dead-alive" characters, draamaaa. It should have ended by the second season. It would be better in my opinion.
I agree! Season 1 was soo good I loved everything about it. It could've ended in like 40 episodes.

Reaction score
In my opinion, Cennet'in gözyaşları was too long for me. The story was good and the first episodes make you get into it. But there's a point when everything is so unrealistic, I mean the characters stressed me out. The dizi becomed a circle of events summarised in now I love you, now I don't, i want you close to me, better go far away for me, I'm going to tell the truth, oh no better I don't want the truth to came out. It was so frustrating, for me the story can be tell in 10-15 episodes.
Yea I got so annoyed at the amount of times Cennet was about to find out the truth about her mom 😂

Reaction score
For me Sen Cal Kapimi and Erkenci Kus. As I wrote in other post, SCK would be good as a movie or mini series. The writer keep dragging the plot and repeating ideas from EK.
EK should end on ep 47, the story after Can's accident and memory loss was pointless.
Ayse Uner Kutlu has a good concepts for rom-coms but no plan on how to keep the story interesting.
Agreed! SCK plot is over now like i do love watching them but the story is over they are just dragging it now.

Reaction score
Sen Cal Kapimi was good but now it is just going on for no real reason. It's seriously too long and not enjoyable. The writers should have kept it short 20 episodes max.

Reaction score
Controversially two of my favourites really should have ended sooner than they did. The first being Lale Devri. the first series was just awful in terms of production and performance in my view. Cinar was so weak how could he be a hero to the viewer? It really came alive around episode 20 and felt like a blockbuster when Toprak joined in episode 22.. I found the evil plots almost too much to watch and the female-on -female hate because of a man, really uncomfortable but the chemistry between Cinar and Toprak kept us watching. Tolgahan Sayisman and Selen Soyder really came into their own after episodes 59/60/61 when their performance level outstripped the rest of the cast. For me the series should have ended with their wedding sparing us the 30 or more painful episodes of Zumrut and Necip Bey.

And Soz, which is by far one of the best productions I have seen on TV anywhere. Shot on location as it was and with the technical difficulties it must have faced, it was tremendous with the troop of commanders and their women quickly forming a group we all cared about. And then there was Bahar and Yavus. Their relationship, which was born out of terrible tragedy, became one of the greatest of love stories.. Her inability to give up on him despite his inability to admit his growing love for her, was so well played by both actors. You could almost hear her heart beating as she asked him to give them a chance. Yet just as they lived their love - and he even reserved her a wedding dress - she was killed. Their chemistry was immense. Whether they were stranded in the woods or in their home having a night to themselves, we felt like we were intruding. There was a sexual energy to it which mirrored new love. And then she was killed. For me the third series, where the too cool for school Derya became Yavus's love interest, just didn't work. Bahar was the elephant in the room that no one mentioned. The chemistry between the two could not compare or even come close.. It was an almost platonic and somewhat overplayed relationship. I could barely watch it at all and I am not a sentimental viewer. So Soz should have ended at the end of season 2 assuming Bahar died I bet it could have gone five seasons were she still alive! Does anyone know why the actress left, or was the character Bahar killed off by the scriptwriters? Big mistake whichever way.

Latest posts

Recent Threads