Hoş Geldin!

By registering, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community. The forum currently requires a brand new account be created, separate from your Dizilah.com one. Please note: we will only accept 200 new registration every month.

SignUp Now!

Why are characters made to wear clothes which look out of place in the dizi?

Reaction score
I realise there is some sort of tie-in with clothing retailers and productions but many of the clothes chosen for particular characters look so out of place that they distract the viewer. Almost everything Ceren in SCK is made to wear is, for me, inappropriate for her role. Likewise Selin who seems to get ridiculous overblown sleeves and shoulder pads to wear (serves her right I hear you say). In my beloved Ariza, the most intelligent and best performed/produced programme, its female lead sometimes looks like she got lost on her way to a catwalk. In one episode Halide, when she is either in her clinic in a needy neighbourhood working as a doctor, or breaking her heart over Ali Riza, has worn some dreadful stuff. At one point she had to walk across a courtyard and punch and push Ali Riza around breaking down all the while. Brilliantly played but for the very short leather shorts, oversized hacking jacket, and the high heeled over the knee leather boots she was inexplicably wearing. Or when working late on the night she was dumped by Ali Riza, she had one of those bizarre Turtle neck jumpers on, without any actual jumper attached to it. And then there's poor Mithat in his hairy lapelled "Shacket", and even Ramo in a grey car coat even he could't carry off.

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, this is a very good question. Some of what they wear, particularly to the office, always has me like 🤣:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They are trying to keep up with current trends but at the same time, some of it is not realistic at all. Honestly, they just hire random stylists for these shows. If they had to budget, having an actual fashion consultant, who knows the characters in-depth, would be a very good addition to every dizi crew.

Reaction score
Yes! I agree with You. Some of the characters wear so bizarre clothes, that I think stylists were blind. But I think it is connected, that their clothes might be a kind of advertisment, so they might have had agreements about them, and stylists dont have many options to choice (you know: money is the matter).
I need to say also, that as it goes to women's clothes they are divided by two: girls in dizis wear either grandma's clothes which make them at least 10 years older or such skimpy dresses, that I am shocked :ROFLMAO: there is nothing between haha

Reaction score
I realise there is some sort of tie-in with clothing retailers and productions but many of the clothes chosen for particular characters look so out of place that they distract the viewer. Almost everything Ceren in SCK is made to wear is, for me, inappropriate for her role. Likewise Selin who seems to get ridiculous overblown sleeves and shoulder pads to wear (serves her right I hear you say). In my beloved Ariza, the most intelligent and best performed/produced programme, its female lead sometimes looks like she got lost on her way to a catwalk. In one episode Halide, when she is either in her clinic in a needy neighbourhood working as a doctor, or breaking her heart over Ali Riza, has worn some dreadful stuff. At one point she had to walk across a courtyard and punch and push Ali Riza around breaking down all the while. Brilliantly played but for the very short leather shorts, oversized hacking jacket, and the high heeled over the knee leather boots she was inexplicably wearing. Or when working late on the night she was dumped by Ali Riza, she had one of those bizarre Turtle neck jumpers on, without any actual jumper attached to it. And then there's poor Mithat in his hairy lapelled "Shacket", and even Ramo in a grey car coat even he could't carry off.
I guess the producers are what you wanna call a "wanna-be" to get fashion stylists that some of them SUPPOSINGLY know which clothing items fit each role but nowadays, stylists just love to show that they are up to the modern day-to-day style regardless of a man or a woman, by letting the actors/actresses wear adapted foreign outfits rather than focusing on the main character's personality and how it reflects its style correctly. This is what we can call an example of "following the herd" but not played right by stylists due to the low budget most dizi sets are facing right now. At the end of the day, the production team's aim is just $$$$$ and $$$$$$ 😁

Mag

Reaction score
ok, I understand that they have a deal with clothing companies and actors are forced to wear their outfits but what is going on with the hair styles 🤔

EwRlNQyWgAAme1_.jpg D9CUEDvWwAU-Z9Z.jpg

Mag

Reaction score
Kerem looked good at the last award show so his hair length is not an issue. SCK's hairdresser doesn't seem to know what he's doing

Reaction score
Really hate what they have done with Tolga Saritas's hair in Ariza.. from 1. to 2.

images-2.jpeg

Attachments

• images-3.jpeg
    images-3.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1
Staff member
Reaction score
Really hate what they have done with Tolga Saritas's hair in Ariza.. from 1. to 2.

View attachment 103
I like Tolga's hair now way more now that it's grown out and brushed up instead of the ridiculous "bangs" they were giving him. I wanted to scream every time I saw them! LOL. But what did you think of Ali Riza's grandfather-style clothes he was wearing for a long time after he became the sword? They kept dressing him like he was 50 years old! Now they're doing a better job it seems. But I'm so happy to finally find another Ariza fan!! I hope we can share thoughts on the Ariza discussion thread.

Reaction score
What is with girls' dressing in the scenes setted up in companies in shows like Erkenci kus, Sen cal kapimi, etc. They sometimes wear things I wear when I go to beach at summer, I don't say they in most of the cases look rly beautiful and I know those are romcoms and doesn't everything need to be shown like irl but I find it funny when they go to work in a serious company dressed like that.🤣
my little sis of course saw that trend in dizis and the other night when I went out to some bday party where I had some short dress and high heeled boots wearing she told me that I look like I'm going to a job interview ??!!

Reaction score
I like Tolga's hair now way more now that it's grown out and brushed up instead of the ridiculous "bangs" they were giving him. I wanted to scream every time I saw them! LOL. But what did you think of Ali Riza's grandfather-style clothes he was wearing for a long time after he became the sword? They kept dressing him like he was 50 years old! Now they're doing a better job it seems. But I'm so happy to finally find another Ariza fan!! I hope we can share thoughts on the Ariza discussion thread.
After the BeMan photoshoot I think even he realised that there were certain clothes which looked great on him. He is something of a male model after all. But yes he started looking old and at the same time Halide started looking like some Hande-wannabe rock chick with the most awful hair pulled up so tight it looked painful, and make up my 17 year-old wouldn't wear. It made me nostalgic for the earlier programmes. If you check she has the bare minimum makeup and hair with a fringe - or bangs. Now something terrible seems to have happened and they are such a mis-match. Dorothy shall we start a "What the hell happened with Ariza? thread?

Staff member
Reaction score
After the BeMan photoshoot I think even he realised that there were certain clothes which looked great on him. He is something of a male model after all. But yes he started looking old and at the same time Halide started looking like some Hande-wannabe rock chick with the most awful hair pulled up so tight it looked painful, and make up my 17 year-old wouldn't wear. It made me nostalgic for the earlier programmes. If you check she has the bare minimum makeup and hair with a fringe - or bangs. Now something terrible seems to have happened and they are such a mis-match. Dorothy shall we start a "What the hell happened with Ariza? thread?
Yes, I agree about Halide. I really liked her bangs from the beginning of the show but then they changed it along with everything else. I think they forgot she's a doctor! Anyway, what if we just use the Ariza show thread to post our thoughts about the cancellation? I'm still heartbroken by the way.

Latest posts

Recent Threads